Monday, April 16, 2007

Doing less...

I remember an interesting question about some of the microsoft products - how do they load up so fast. The response by a senior guy was unexpected and insightful... "Do less during load, it turns out you can do nothing very fast!"

Not surprisingly, the same attitude - doing less - can be taken to shorten release cycles, improve quality, ship with less resources, have a more balanced life, get time to explore a new field etc.

How many individuals/teams get this right?

4 comments:

RK said...

I am getting this very right nowadays :-)

Kalyan said...

I am not sure i mean it in the way you mean it :P

RK said...

I just meant that real work hasn't started for me yet so I'm able to spend more time with family.

That changed as of this Monday. But the good thing is that I still will have some time for myself at the end of the week. That wasn't the case before MS.

All-in-all I can't complain about the work-life at MS.

Kalyan said...

:)