Friday, May 21, 2004

Who is Tinku ?

We moved recently to a new place to reduce the insane commute times to office. And we landed up at what we thought was a nice apartment complex.

As we settled down and got introduced to neighbours and all, who do I see but this 12 year old kid by the name Tinku calling me 'Uncle'. I took an immediate dislike to him, though I not sure why.

Now he barges into our home whenever he feels like it, shouting 'Uncle' in a shrill voice to tell me about some new thing that he has learnt. I think the fact that my mother gives him something or the other to eat whenever he comes is encouraging him even more.

Now coming to the interesting part - he is hardly the size of my computer table but he already knows the difference between DDR Ram and SD Ram, has his own computer, knows a couple of scripting languages - python and ruby and constantly embarasses me with questions about them.

I decide that he is too young for stuff like this and tell his mother that this is the age to play and it is likely that he will have all kinds of problems in his later years if he does not stop all this immediately.

Instead of taking it in the right spirit, she told me that I should learn more if I can't answer his questions instead of asking him to stop learning. "And I thought you were from IIT" was her last statement as I left in a huff!

Will this next door menace be the creator of the next Sasser Worm? Very possible, unless something is done about it :)

On an entirely unrelated note, I now have a copy of "Python Cookbook".

No comments: